For most readers, I may be able to give new evidence our government is broke. Likewise, I’m going to share an inside perspective on our bankrupt banking system. I also have plenty of evidence our financial media uses propaganda to deceive Americans. This will make for interesting future articles.
But, if you are reading this, you probably already know we’re broke. You probably know the media has an agenda that is not in your best interest. You probably already distrust banks. You may even call them banksters.
So let’s turn to the last page and see how our story ends. What should a person do who shares my view of the economy? Without giving investment advice, here are some ideas:
- Have cash. Keep some of it outside the banking system. Don’t keep cash in a place where it can be destroyed by fire. Hide it where it can’t easily be found. In Greece and Cypress, some bank depositors lost a portion of their savings through “bail-ins.” All depositors found they only had black digits on a white piece of paper. They could not take their “money” out of the bank. Banks closed. ATM’s were programmed to limit the daily withdrawal. Credit cards ceased to work. Checks were not accepted. Are you prepared, if this happened in America? It can.
- Have some nickels. Today’s nickels are 75% copper and 25% nickel. As I write this, the meltdown value of a nickel is $0.036. Someday, a nickel may have a value of 10 cents or more. By then, the U.S. Mint will stop production. Nickels will then be priced by their meltdown value. This is a money strategy with no risk. Unlike fiat dollars, the nickel has intrinsic value. If I’m wrong about its potential value, you can always return a nickel to your bank and get five cents. What other “investment” can you make with no fee or premium? If you need more convincing, click here.
- Have some silver. I’m keeping it simple. Gold and platinum are also valuable bullion. Some week in the future, I will explain why I believe precious metals are in a bull market phase. If I’m right, silver goes back to its last high ($48.70). If that happens, and if this long-term bull market has not ended, then the next high is the beginning of higher highs. (It’s important we understand bull markets.) Although most people can’t buy silver at spot price, let’s use Friday’s spot price ($16.82) as a starting point. Use your phone to determine the rate of return percentage, if silver moved from $16.82 to $48.70. Here is the calculation: ((48.70-16.82)/16.82)x100. If this happened in 2017, that should create a pleasant feeling. A wow!
- Have some food. A couple generations ago, it was common for people to have food cellars. In those days, people were self-sufficient. Today, it is not uncommon for a busy household leader to go to the store to buy what is needed for that night’s dinner! We assume the store will always be open. We assume the shelves will always be stocked. It seems smart, to me, to be better prepared. If you’ve never considered food storage or preparedness, these simple articles may be helpful.
- Have some lead. This “precious metal” can either be used for self-defense or for bartering. Either use is valuable.
- Have some education. You are not the average American, if you’re reading this site. I can guess you are well-educated, politically attuned and may have simply skimmed the above to see if there was something new to consider. I’m purposefully trying to keep the cookies on the bottom shelf. That’s where I started my prepping in 2009. If any of this is new to you, check out these links: click here.
- Have some friends. I believe the future will not look like the past. If the future is not like the past, then what’s worked in the past may not work in the future. As we all encounter this new future, our family and friends will be most valuable. This is not just a warm Hallmark theme. As our government becomes less capable of fulfilling promises, we will have a greater need for friends and family.
- Have some faith. My reference, here, is to prioritize. Suppose all your wealth was gone. Suppose you had no job and no possessions. I hope that never happens to either of us, but if it did, what would be left? What would be most important to you under these circumstances? I hope “family and friends” are a part of the answer. Deeper than that, though, could be a relationship with our creator.
I believe we’ve been in the eye of the storm. The financial storm that hit us in 2008-2009, did not come out of nowhere. We’ve had a storm brewing for decades. The clouds were seeded in 1913, with the creation of the Federal Reserve. Through their manipulation, we have experienced a boom-to-bust cycle. These bubbles have become increasingly worse. “Ron Paul has predicted that the biggest economic crash ever will hit the American economy” when these current bubbles pop (click here).
This next crash is not something to hope for. But it can provide an advantage to people who are prepared. People, who get this right, have the potential to acquire a lot of wealth.
If you believe printing money creates wealth, you may be wasting time reading my articles. If you believe economic laws are called “laws” for a reason, then I’d like to suggest you prepare for the next wave of this storm.
“Dollar” Bill is a real guy, with real knowledge on our nation’s financial calamity, and real solutions for what must be done to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in. Due to his career, Bill must remain “disguised” to protect his position. “Bill” loves America, sees the impending cliff we are all headed towards, and hopes that by sharing his inside knowledge of the failed monetary policy in our nation, that a fiscal “nuclear” event can be averted.